Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review: Mac Paint Pot Painterly

Everyone seems to rave about this product...that's why I'm kind of nervous to write this review.
I bought this because I had been noticing more and more lately how veiny and red my eyelids are. Initially, I tried just putting a little concealer on my lids, but because I have such oily eyelids, it would crease immediately and look very odd. So I decided to give this product a try.

Displaying photo 3.JPG


Displaying photo 1.JPGDisplaying photo 2.JPG



Displaying photo 5.JPG

If you are someone with normal or non-oily eyelids, this product would be fantastic for you. But because my skin and eyelids are oily as oily can get, this product did not work well for me. I apply it using my finger, and don't get me wrong, this product has amazing coverage and is super creamy and blendable, but without a setting powder on top, it creases within the first hour of applying. My eyeshadows do last a little bit longer using this than they would without a primer at all, but I had much higher hopes for this product than that. I wanted to love this product so badly. The only bases that seem to work on me are the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but I really wanted to be able to use this product as an everyday base even when I'm not wearing eyeshadow.

Don't hate me for not liking this product! I REALLY wanted to like it! Did I mention it matched my skin perfectly? :(

 If you have any other suggestions for eye primers, leave me a comment! :)

post signature

2 comments :

  1. My eyelids aren't incredibly oily, but I have tried a lot of primers in my day, and I find that the Lorac eye primer works the best. The colors are truest and there is no creasing. I find it to be even better than the Nars one that many people rave about (but then again, a lot of people with oily eyelids love the Nars one, so you might want to give that one a try, too!)

    xo, Rebecca

    wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have yet to try the Nars primer, but I might have to try Lorac first! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete